- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Magnus, a feature documentary on Norwegian world chess champion Magnus Carlsen, has been snatched up by multiple buyers in Berlin, one of several strong sellers from Scandinavian sales outfit TrustNordisk.
Magnus sold to NFP for Germany and Austria, EDKO films for Hong Kong, September Film Rights for Benelux and Discovery Film for the former Yugoslavia. Benjamin Ree’s doc, which explores Carlsen’s rise from bullied boy to grandmaster, also features chess stars Garry Kasparov and Viswanathan Anand.
Trust also closed multiple deals on The Model, a psychological drama from director Mads Matthiesen starring Ed Skrein and Denmark’s Maria Palm, including with California Films for Latin America, HGC Entertainment for China and Voxell Media for Russia CIS.
Pyromaniac, from Norwegian filmmaker Erik Skjoldbjaerg (Pioneer, Prozac Nation), closed for Korea (Sidus), Turkey (Sinema) and the former Yugoslavia (Cinemania), with multiple territories in negotiation.
Devil’s Bride, from director Saara Cantell, which looks at witch hunts in Scandinavian, sold to Sinema TV for Turkey, Golden River Thailand for Southeast Asia and Cinemania Group for the former Yugoslavia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day