- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dallas Buyers Club producer Cassian Elwes has joined up with Armory Films’ Chris Lemole and Tim Zajaros to launch a new film production and financing company, Zeal Media. The company will debut at Berlin’s European Film Market, which kicks off Thursday.
The first film produced under the Zeal label will be Elwes’ Billionaire Boys Club, a biopic based on 1980s white-collar criminal-turned-murderer Joe Hunt. The James Cox-directed feature, starring Kevin Spacey, Ansel Elgort and Taron Edgerton, recently wrapped production. Good Universe is handling sales at Berlin.
Zeal plans to finance and/or produce up to eight feature films a year, with a focus on “sophisticated, thought-provoking and talent-driven material.”
Elwes teamed with Armory on the Cabin Fever reboot, which was executive produced by Eli Roth and is set to hit theaters later this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day