- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hulu’s 9/11 drama The Looming Tower, from Oscar-winning documentarian Alex Gibney, and AMC’s anthology series The Terror, featuring Mad Men and The Crown star Jared Harris, have been picked for Berlinale Series, the showcase of high-end TV series that runs alongside the Berlin International Film Festival.
The Terror, based on the 2007 best-selling novel of the same name by Dan Simmons, will have its world premiere in Berlinale, while The Looming Tower, which bows on Amazon outside North America, will celebrate its international premiere.
Also in the lineup are critically acclaimed Australian series Picnic at Hanging Rock, starring Game of Thrones actress Natalie Dormer; German drama Bad Banks, from director Christian Schwochow; Norwegian drama Home Ground; and Liberty, a Danish series from Asger Leth featuring Wonder Woman actress Connie Nielsen.
The Berlinale Series screenings will take place at the city’s Zoo Palast. The Berlin festival is set to run Feb. 15-25.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day