- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Thomas Jane tracks down his prey in this exclusive first-look image from upcoming western thriller The Last Son.
The film — previously entitled The Last Son of Isaac LeMay and being sold at Berlin’s virtual European Film Market by VMI Worldwide, which first announced it at the AFM in 2019 — also stars Sam Worthington, Machine Gun Kelly and Heather Graham.
Set in the late 19th century, The Last Son centers on LeMay (Worthington), a murderous outlaw who learns from a soothsayer that he is cursed by a terrible prophecy: that he will be killed by one of his sons. To prevent his own death, LeMay tracks down his spawn, whose bloodlines are confirmed by a hereditary birthmark, eventually finding his son Cal (Machine Gun Kelly), who himself is on a murdering rampage. With bounty hunters and the enigmatic sheriff Solomon (Jane) on their tail, LeMay must find a way to stop his son and end the curse, with the two set on a collision course toward a brutal game of cat-and-mouse.
Tim Sutton (Dark Night) directed the film from a Blacklist script by Greg Johnson, with Andre Relis and Jib Polhemus producing. Jane exec produces alongside Courtney Lauren Penn through their Renegade Entertainment production company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day