- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gibson plays Stark, a former commander who sends James Becker, a rugged and decorated ex-marine (Hauser), undercover to execute a high-value deal with untrustworthy adversaries. While navigating the chaos of the local civil war, Becker must fight assassins, court femmes fatales and negotiate with the enemy in order to complete his mission.
With Stark always by his side, Becker perseveres against all odds in hopes of making it home alive. Gibson has a co-starring role in the thriller from Highland Film Group that shot in Puerto Rico in December.
Panama, inspired by true events in 1989 in the country in central America, reunites Hauser and Gibson who previously collaborated on Paparazzi, the 2004 thriller. Hauser also stars alongside Kevin Costner in Paramount Network’s Yellowstone.
Neveldine, who co-directed the Crank movies and Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, helmed Panama from a script by Daniel Adams and William R. Barber. Panama is a Yale Productions film produced by Jordan Beckerman, Jordan Yale Levine, alongside Michelle Chydzik Sowa, Michelle Reihel and Frances Lausell.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day