- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Salma Hayek plays the nemesis to Alexander Skarsgard’s bald high-frequency trading scammer in this exclusive first look at the actress in The Hummingbird Project, from director Kim Nguyen (War Witch, Two Lovers and a Bear).
The film also stars Jesse Eisenberg. HanWay is showing first footage from the thriller in Berlin.
Written by Nguyen, The Hummingbird Project sees Eisenberg and Skarsgard play cousins who inhabit the high-stakes world of high-frequency trading and hatch a multimillion-dollar plan that involves plenty of danger if they fail. Hayek plays their arch-enemy, their brilliant but ruthless former boss.
The film — which was first introduced to buyers in Cannes by HanWay, which reps international sales (CAA is overseeing the U.S.) — is being produced by Pierre Even (War Witch, C.R.A.Z.Y., Brooklyn) of Item 7 in Montreal and co-produced with Belgian outfit Belga Films, with Brian Kavanaugh-Jones (Loving) and Fred Berger (La La Land) of Automatik as executive producers.
This story first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter’s Feb. 16 daily issue at the Berlin Film Festival.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day