- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Florian Weghorn has taken over as program manager of Berlinale Talents, the one-week mini-film school that runs concurrent to the Berlin International Film Festival. Weghorn replaces Matthijs Wouter Knol, who had run Berlinale Talents since 2008 but was recently appointed the new head of Berlin’s European Film Market.
Weghorn has close ties to the Berlinale. He is a member of the festival’s selection committee and has been deputy head of Berlin’s Generation sidebar for children and youth films since 2008. Together with project manager Christine Trostrum, Weghorn will organize and direct the festival’s premiere networking platform for up-and-coming talents.
The application round for the 2015 Berlinale Talents has already begun.
Emerging talents from all sides of the film business, from actors, directors and screenwriters to editors, cinematographers, composers, production and sound designers, producers, distributors, sales agents and film critics can apply online at www.berlinale-talents.de. The deadline is September 1.
The 13th Berlinale Talents runs Feb. 7-12, 2015.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day