- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In an announcement made Friday, Anonymous Content and Meta Film revealed that Oscar-winner Frances McDormand had joined the cast, alongside Logan Lerman, Brit Marling, Christian Slater and Jonathan Pryce.
As announced last year, Close will take the lead in the project — which has been in the works for over a decade — playing Joan Castleman, wife of famous, philandering New York novelist Joe Castleman.
Pryce will play Mr. Castleman, whom Joan leaves on the eve of him receiving the Nobel Prize for Literature, with Slater playing his biographer and Lerman the couple’s troubled son. Marling is set to portray the young Joan and McDormand her mentor.
Berlin Silver Bear winner Bjorn Runge is directing, with Rosalie Swedlen of Anonymous Content, Meta Louise Foldager of Meta Film Stockholm and Maria Dahlin and Gila Ulfung producing.
U.K.-based Embankment is launching international sales in Berlin. CAA and WME Global are co-repping for the U.S.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day