- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The comedy Divine Access, starring Billy Burke, has been picked up for the U.S. by Freestyle Digital Media.
Steven Chester Prince directed the film, which also stars Gary Cole, Patrick Warburton, Joel David Moore, Sarah Shahi, Dora Madison, Barak Hardley and Adrienne Barbeau.
Prince also wrote the script for Divine Access with John A. O’Connell and Michael Zagst. The story follows Burke’s character Jack Harriman who becomes an instant spiritual celebrity after humiliating Reverend Guy Roy Davis (Cole) on a public-access TV show.
The comedy, which premiered at the 2015 Sarasota Film Festival, is produced by Traveling Picture Show Company’s Kevin Matusow, Carissa Buffel and Steven Chester Prince, Blackball Entertainment’s Billy Burke, and Terry G. Jones. G-Men Media’s Clay Glendenning and Jeff Way executive produced.
“Freestyle Digital Media has a distinctly dynamic and smart team with the unique audience reach that we have been looking for,” said TPSC Films president Prince. “Divine Access has had a successful run on the festival circuit this past year and we are thrilled to have found such a fitting distribution home.”
The deal was negotiated by Gersh and Chris Charalambous, head of acquisition for Freestyle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day