- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Australian drama Girl Asleep, from director Rosemary Myers, will open this year’s Generation 14plus sidebar at the Berlin International film festival.
Myers will present the film together with Girl Asleep star Bethany Whitmore at a gala screening in Berlin on Feb.12.
The Swedish feature Siv Sleeps Astray, from directors Catti Edfeldt and Lena Hanno Clyne, will open the parallel Generation Kplus section, for films targeting the under-14 crowd.
Berlin also announced a pair of films that will receive special screenings in the Generation section: Hans Steinbichler’s new adaptation The Diary of Anne Frank and Life on the Border, a documentary project from Kurdish filmmaker Bahman Ghobadi, in which eight children from refugee camps were given cameras to tell their own stories.
The 66th Berlin International Film Festival runs Feb. 11-Feb. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Zurich Film Festival
Santa Barbara International Film Festival