- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Just hours before Joel and Ethan Coen’s latest, Hail, Caesar! has its premiere in Los Angeles, the brothers’ next project, which George Clooney will direct, is set up for sale in Berlin.
Suburbicon, which will star Matt Damon and Julianne Moore, will be fully financed by Black Bear Pictures, and Bloom has come onboard to sell international rights at the Berlin Film Festival. CAA is handling U.S. rights. Late last year, it seemed that Sony was circling the project, but heading into Berlin next week a studio is not currently attached.
Joel Silver will produce under his Silver Pictures banner alongside Clooney and Grant Heslov under their Smokehouse Pictures label, and Teddy Schwarzman for Black Bear Pictures.
The film, set in a quiet family town, follows a seemingly picture perfect family that turns to blackmail, revenge and betrayal after a home invasion turns deadly.
“Clooney is an incredible force in the industry. We’re thrilled to be collaborating with the teams at Silver Pictures, Smokehouse Pictures and Black Bear Pictures. The script is written in true Coen Brothers fashion, which Clooney and the starry cast will bring to life,” says Bloom’s Alex Walton.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day