- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On the eve of the European Film Market, Jinga Films signed multiple deals for its horror comedy Hansel and Gretel & The 420 Witch (aka Hansel & Gretel Get Baked), inking with Medallion Films for Japan and Njuta Films for Scandinavia.
Alder Entertainment in Italy has already picked up rights to the feature starring Molly Quinn, Lara Flynn Boyle, Michael Welch and Cary Elwes and will roll out the film there later this year. Other buyers include Peppermint in Germany, Pinnacle in Australia and Thanks & Love in Korea. Directed by Duane Journey and produced by Mark Morgan (Twilight), the plot of the film has a pot-growing witch (Boyle) who lures teenagers to their doom with the promise of the best bud in town. The project has been making the rounds of the film markets for some time now but is apparently finally gaining traction with distributors.
“It has taken a bit of time for buyers to realize that Hansel and Gretel & the 420 Witch is much more than just a mockbuster” said Jinga’s Rosana Coutinho. “The credentials of the film’s cast and crew combined with its zany, off-center take on a classic fairy tale should give distributors the ammunition they need to find a viable theatrical and TV audience.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day