- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rome star James Purefoy is set to star in upcoming Mozart drama Interlude in Prague, which is bowing at the European Film Market in Berlin.
Purefoy (John Carter, Ironclad) is joined by fellow Brits Aneurin Barnard (The White Queen, The Truth About Emanuel) and Samantha Barks (Les Miserables) in the drama from John Stephenson (Five Children and It) that has been billed as a “Shakespeare in Love-style drama with a Dangerous Liaisons tragic end.”
Set in the Czech capital in 1787, Interlude in Prague — written by Brian Ashby — is based on true life events surrounding Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and the turbulent period that would help influence his operatic masterpiece, “Don Giovanni.”
Productive International’s Huw Penallt Jones (Damascus Cover, The Man Who Knew Infinity, The Edge of Love, Cold Mountain, Chaos) is producing alongside Hannah Leader (Damascus Cover, Lucky Number Slevin, Before the Devil Knows You’re Dead).
London-based Carnaby will handle worldwide rights for the film and will be presenting the film to buyers at EFM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Universal Music Group