- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Von Trier will not be answering questions on his latest effort, a sex epic about a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac (played by Charlotte Gainsbourg), but will attend the photo call for the film this afternoon and tonight’s gala premiere. The director took a “vow of silence” after comments he made at the Cannes Film Festival jokingly comparing himself to Hitler caused a huge scandal and got him (temporarily) banned.
Gainsbourg, sadly, won’t be attending, but several of her Nymphomaniac co-stars, including Stellan Skarsgard, Uma Thurman, Christian Slater and Stacy Martin, will take part in today’s press conference. As will Shia LaBeouf, who, thanks to his plagiarism scandal and several bizarre statements and actions since, is nearly as controversial as von Trier. Unlike the silent Dane, however, LaBeouf is scheduled to speak to reporters at the press conference for Nymphomaniac this afternoon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day