- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TrustNordisk has sold upcoming Norwegian action-drama The Last King to Koch Media for Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Set in the Middle Ages, it focuses on two Norwegian warriors who must bring the last remaining heir to the throne to safety.
Directed by Nils Gaup (Pathfinder), the film stars Jakob Oftebro (Kon-Tiki), Kristofer Hivju (Game of Thrones), Thorbjorn Harr (Vikings) and Pal Sverre Hagen (Kon-Tiki).
The deal was negotiated between Susan Wendt, head of sales at TrustNordisk, and Silke Wilfinger, director of acquisitions and TV sales at Koch.
“We are glad to continue working together with TrustNordisk on The Last King,” said Wilfinger. “We feel this title will become another strong adventure movie in the vein of Arn, Valhalla Rising and Flukt.”
The film is set for release in early 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day