- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Clooney, in town for the premiere of opening night film Hail, Caesar!, charmed buyers at a presentation Thursday about his directorial project. Sources peg the deal, which is for U.S. rights, in the $10 million range.
The dramedy was written by Joel and Ethan Coen and is set in the quiet family town of “Suburbicon,” where a home invasion causes a picture perfect family to turn to blackmail, revenge and betrayal.
Julianne Moore and Matt Damon will star in the project. Clooney also will produce alongside producing-partner Grant Heslov, as well as Joel Silver and Teddy Schwarzman.
The Coen Bros. and Clooney just worked together on the comedy Hail, Caesar!, which had its international premiere at the Berlin Film Festival.
Bloom is handling the film’s international rights at the market, while CAA repped U.S. rights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Woman King