- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ruby Rose, fresh from her role in 2018 shark smash The Meg and currently shooting Batwoman for the CW, is set to star in Doorman.
The action-thriller — being shopped by DDI in Berlin — is being directed by award-winning Japanese director Ryuhei Kitamura (The Midnight Meat Train, Azumi, Lupin the 3rd). The film will be produced by Harry Winer of Smash Media, Jason Moring of DDI, Michael Philip, Phin Glynn, Sara Shaak and Shayne Putzlocher. Mark Padilla and Stanley Preschutti of DDI will executive produce.
Doorman will tell the story of an officer in the Marines who encountered traumatic events while serving her country and returns home looking for an opportunity to heal. She seeks refuge as a doorman at a labyrinthine, historic New York apartment building before encountering a mercenary who will do anything to retrieve precious art hidden inside the walls of the building.
The screenplay is written by Lior Chefetz, Joe Swanson and Winer from a story by Greg Williams and Matt McAllester.
“Ruby has tremendous talent and a wide commercial appeal, which makes her perfect to lead this strong, female-driven action movie,” said DDI CEO Moring.
Rose is represented by Art2perform, United Talent Agency and Hirsch Wallerstein Hayum Matlof and Fishman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day