- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Sam Riley (Control, On the Road), Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch, Split), Aneurin Barnard (Dunkirk) and Simon Russell Beale (The Death of Stalin) have joined the cast of Radioactive, the upcoming biopic of Marie Curie, which will star Rosamund Pike as the Noble Prize-winning scientist
Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis) is directing Radioactive, which Studiocanal and Amazon Studios are co-financing.
Shooting got underway in Budapest this week. Working Title and Shoebox Films are producing the feature, an adaptation of Lauren Redniss‘ graphic novel. Jack Thorne wrote the screenplay.
Amazon will distribute Radioactive in the U.S., with Studiocanal handling distribution in the U.K., France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand.
The French studio, which is also handling world sales on the title, closed multiple deals for Radioactive at Berlin’s European Film Market, inking deals for Switzerland (Impuls Pictures), Scandinavia (Svensk Filmindustri), Portugal (Lusomundo), Japan (Kino), China (Huayi Brothers) and Latin America (Gussi) among other territories.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day