- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Because I know what it took,” she told a press conference. “I don’t need people to tell me it’s one of the best performances of 2014, because I already know. It would have nice to have seen him on stage. Because he dresses so nicely.”
DuVernay pointed to The Interview, which she said even fellow Berlinale guest James Franco would admit is a “silly comedy,” and its production cost of $44 million. “Ours was made for half of that,” she said.
Oyelowo also spoke about Oprah Winfrey’s involvement in the film, claiming that it wouldn’t have been made without her help.
“Oprah is a very magical person,” he said. “The film wouldn’t be in existence if it wasn’t for her.”
The actor added that, after the film languished as a script for seven years, only when Winfrey came on board as executive producer did the wheels start turning.
“She’s a woman of her word, and the reason we’re here before you now.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day