- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Studio Solutions Group (SSG) said that it has settled a lawsuit against Bob Jones of International Production Associates (IPA), which was based on emails the buyer sent to SSG’s business partners containing false information.
The suit had alleged that Jones made “defamatory, virulent statements…via written packages sent to leading studio film licensors against SSG and its principal, Johnny Lin.”
“Mr. Jones now believes the information he sent about SSG and Mr. Lin was false and has apologized to SSG and Mr. Lin for any harm and inconvenience caused by the emails,” L.A.-based distributor SSG said in a copy of the settlement released at the Berlin International Film Festival.
SSG said the other terms of the parties’ settlement are confidential. The company was represented by Jeremiah Reynolds of Kinsella, Weitzman, Iser, Kump & Aldisert LLP.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day