- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Susan Sarandon, Jessica Biel, Patrick Stewart and Hilary Swank will lend their voices to the space odyssey film earlier picked up by Open Road for U.S. distribution. DDI in Berlin added deals with Roadshow for Australia, Scanbox for Scandinavia, Baltic Top Film for the CIS, MVP for India, Best Film for Poland, Five Stars in Israel, Blitz for the ex-Yugoslavia and ATM Film for the West Indies.
DDI in Toronto announced earlier territory deals, including a U.K. deal with Kaleidoscope, a Latin America sale to California Films, Middle East to Eagle Films, Pan Asia Pay to Fox International and Iceland to Sam Films. Spark follows a teenage monkey and his friends who embark on a mission to save their planet from an evil dictator.
Open Road plans to release Spark in theaters April 14, 2017. Canadian filmmaker Aaron Woodley directed the film from a script he co-wrote with Doug Hadders and Adam Rotstein.
Spark is a co-production with ToonBox Entertainment, Redrover Co., Ltd, Shanghai Hoongman Technology Co., Ltd. and Gulfstream Pictures. Hoe Jin Ha, Hong Kim, Jay HJ Ahn, Daniel Woo, Mike Karz and Bill Bindley executive produced the feature.
Double Dutch International is handling worldwide sales, excluding China and Korea.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day