- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tomboy: A Revenger’s Tale, the actioner starring Michelle Rodriguez and Sigourney Weaver, is drumming up strong business in Berlin, with The Solution Entertainment Group closing deals in multiple territories.
The revenge film has sold to TF1 for France and Notorious for Italy, along with sales for Latin America (California Filmes), the Middle East (Eagle Films), Greece (Odeon), South Korea (Double & Joy), Turkey (Pinema Group), Singapore (Shaw Organisation), the Philippines and Vietnam (MVP Entertainment) and India (PVR).
Buyers will get a first peek at Tomboy — which stars Rodriguez as a hitman who sets out for revenge after he’s turned into a woman by a rogue plastic surgeon (Weaver) — when The Solution presents promo footage in Berlin Saturday morning.
“The reactions from buyers have been tremendous,” said The Solution’s Lisa Wilson. “The film just takes you on a thrill ride with some serious female-power from our lead stars.”
Walter Hill directed Tomboy from his own script based on a story by Denis Hamill. Said Ben Said of SBS is producing with and Michel Merkt. ICM Partners is repping domestic rights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day