- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The experience of Jewish people in Germany after the Holocaust is the backdrop for the latest feature from director Sam Garbarski (Irina Palm).
Bye Bye Germany stars Moritz Bleibtreu (Run Lola Run, Woman in Gold) as David, a Jewish Holocaust survivor who starts up a linen business with other former concentration camp inmates, exploiting the guilt of their German customers to raise money to emigrate to America.
But U.S. officer Sara Simon (Antje Traue) is asking uncomfortable questions about David’s wartime past, even suggesting he may have been a Nazi collaborator.
Bye Bye Germany will have its world premiere as a special screening on Feb. 10 at the Berlin Film Festival. X-Verleih is releasing the film in Germany on April 6. The Match Factory is handling international sales.
Check out the exclusive trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day