- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BERLIN – Vera Farmiga has joined relationship comedy Prima, written and to be directed by Evan Greenberg.
The film — which was previously known as Dance of the Mirlitons — centers on 12-year-old Jesse Urchin, who is accepted into a prestigious dance school but soon learns that to get to the top she must kill or be killed. At the same time, Jesse’s mother, a former dancer, struggles to acclimate to her posh stomping grounds.
The Allegiance Theater’s Daniel Dubiecki and Lara Alameddine are producing along with Karine Martin via her Mediamax banner. Highland Film Group will berepresent the worldwide sales rights at EFM in Berlin.
A shoot start date is slated for March.
Farmiga stars on A&E’s Bates Motel, which will premiere its second season in March. She most recently starred in horror pic The Conjuring and will next appear in The Judge. She’s repped by CAA, Authentic Talent and Literary Management and Peikoff Mahan Law Office.
Greenberg directed the 2006 film Sex Farce. He’s repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards