- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bill Condon is moving from the three-ring spectacle that is Julian Assange to not one, but two circus acts.
First up, The Fifth Estate helmer is directing a reimagining of the cult Broadway musical Side Show at La Jolla Playhouse, featuring music by Dreamgirls composer Henry Krieger and scenic design by David Rockwell. The show officially opens Nov. 17 and runs through Dec. 15.
STORY: WikiLeaks Sabotages ‘Fifth Estate’ With Its Own Julian Assange Film
After that, he will begin rewriting 20th Century Fox’s contemporary musical The Greatest Showman on Earth, which will star Hugh Jackman as P.T. Barnum. Commercials director and visual effects wizard Michael Gracey will direct the biopic about the legendary showman.
“As I started to meet with (Greatest Showman) people, I realized, ‘Wow, I’m already talking about this same subject down in La Jolla,” Condon told The Hollywood Reporter while taking a break from rehearsals. “Greatest Showman felt like a comfortable thing to slide into after the play.”
After all, there’s a pair of Siamese twins in both productions.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day