- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Billy Campbell has joined the cast of Fat Kid Rules the World, Matthew Lillard’s directorial debut, which is currently shooting in Seattle.
The film, based on K. L. Going’s young adult novel of the same name, stars Jacob Wysocki as a friendless, overweight teen who is saved from committing suicide by a chance encounter with an 18-year-old punk rocker, played by Matt O’Leary.
Campbell will play the father to Wysocki’s character. The actor, who was must recently seen in AMC’s The Killing, is repped by CAA and KLWG Entertainment.
Fat Kid is a Whitewater Films production, with a screenplay by Michael Galvin and Peter Speakman. Producers are Rick Rosenthal and Nick Morton of Whitewater, Lillard, Jennifer Maas, Jane Charles, Evan Wasserstrom and Talan Toriero.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Barbie’ Production Prompted International Shortage of Pink Paint for Greta Gerwig’s Film
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Shameik Moore Says He Would Put His “Entire Being” Into Playing Miles Morales in Live-Action
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Hailee Steinfeld Talks Gwen’s Emotional Story and Live-Action Spider-Woman Possibilities
Hollywood Critics Association President Resigns, Citing “Hostile, Biased” Work Environment (Exclusive)