- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Here’s a news flash: Billy Crudup is still in Warner Bros.’ The Flash.
According to sources close to the production and Crudup’s camp, the actor is still firmly on board to play the father of Barry Allen, the speedy superhero being played by Ezra Miller.
Reports surfaced on Wednesday that Crudup had dropped out of the project, which has slowed its momentum and lost its release date (temporarily) due to a protracted director search.
But Flash isn’t slowing down for long as the studio appears to be narrowing its hunt and meeting with high-end directors such as Robert Zemeckis and Matthew Vaughn for the gig. (Zemeckis appears to be the frontrunner at this stage although the situation changes week to week.)
Crudup has been involved with Flash since September 2016.
Even though Flash has been pushed, Crudup isn’t standing still. The actor stars in Alien: Covenent, which opens Friday, and just signed on for Annapurna’s Where’d You Go, Bernadette?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day