- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Billy Zane has joined the cast of indie Supreme Ruler, starring Ron Livingston.
Marking the feature directorial debut of Duane Edwards, Supreme Ruler also will star Natalie Zea, Vincent D’Onofrio, Marcia Gay Harden and Brian Geraghty.
The drama with comedic sensibilities follows a small-town man (Livingston) who dreams of becoming “Supreme Ruler” of his local Buffalo Lodge, but is challenged by a hard-drinking womanizer (D’Onofrio). The two adversaries are forced to travel to the Buffalo National Convention in Chicago in order to win the support of the organization’s national leaders.
Zane will play Peter Culpepper, Livingston’s boss at Midwest Real Estate.
Stephen L’Heureux is producing via his Solipsist Films banner with Edwards co-producing. The project will begin shooting in Chicago in the fall.
Zane, whose recent films include Ghost of Goodnight Lane and The Ganzfeld Haunting, is repped by Underground and Popular Press Media Group. Edwards is repped by UTA and Solipsist by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise