- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Birds of Prey has found its Black Mask.
Ewan McGregor is set to play the Batman villain in the Warner Bros. film, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Birds of Prey stars Margot Robbie, reprising her Suicide Squad role of Harley Quinn. Mary Elizabeth Winstead will portray Huntress and Jurnee Smollett-Bell is on board as Black Canary, with Rosie Perez playing Renee Montoya. Cathy Yan is directing the female-centered team-up movie.
Sue Kroll is producing via her Kroll & Co. Entertainment banner, along with Robbie and her LuckyChap Entertainment and Bryan Unkeless’ Clubhouse Pictures.
A relatively recent addition to the Batman mythos, Black Mask — in reality, the disguise-obsessed crime lord Roman Sionis — first appeared in 1985’s Batman No. 386, and has become a recurring part of the criminal underworld in Gotham City. He has played a significant role in a number of important storylines over the past three decades, with several appearances in the Batman and Catwoman comic book series, as well as a number of other titles.
Birds of Prey is set to open Feb. 7, 2020.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day