- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rosie Perez is signing up for Birds of Prey.
Perez will join Margot Robbie in the Warner Bros./DC movie as the comic book character Renee Montoya, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Montoya is a Gotham City police detective who would go on to adopt the masked identity of the Question in the comics. Montoya, who is a lesbian, rose to become one of DC’s more prominent LGBTQ characters in the 2000s.
Last month, Warner Bros. set a release date of Feb. 7, 2020, for its Birds of Prey movie, which is currently untitled. Robbie reprises her Suicide Squad role as Harley Quinn, while Mary Elizabeth Winstead will play Huntress and Jurnee Smollett-Bell is on board as Black Canary. Cathy Yan is directing.
Perez earned Oscar and Golden Globe nominations for 1993’s Fearless as well as multiple Emmy nominations for her work on In Living Color. Recent credits include NBC’s Rise and the U.K. series Bounty Hunters.
The Wrap first reported Perez’s casting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival