- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dwayne Johnson touched down (pun intended) at SoFi Stadium Thursday night to introduce the new trailer for Black Adam at the Los Angeles Rams-Buffalo Bills game that kicked off (pun intended) the 2022 NFL regular season. The fresh look at the DC film also aired on NBC’s broadcast of Thursday Night Football.
Black Adam is a little more than a month away from its Oct. 21 release date and Johnson is ramping up promotional duties after taking the film to San Diego Comic-Con in July, where he appeared to hover above the 6,500-strong Hall H crowd.
Black Adam is Johnson’s first foray into the superhero realm, with the actor developing the project for more than a decade. It features an assortment of heroes, including Hawkman (Aldis Hodge), Cyclone (Quintessa Swindell), Atom Smasher (Noah Centineo) and Dr. Fate (Pierce Brosnan).
Johnson plays an antihero known as Black Adam who is thousands of years old and possesses an ancient power. Johnson’s Jungle Cruise helmer, Jaume Collet-Serra, is directing the feature.
Black Adam will be released by Warner Bros. and New Line, which also have Shazam! Fury of the Gods following next year in March.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day