- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Black Panther leapt into Hall H Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con to reveal more details about the anticipated comic book adaptation.
Director Ryan Coogler said it was an “emotional” expedience getting to come to Hall H — a place he first visited as a fan in 2009. He introduced star Chadwick Boseman, who plays the Wakandan king and hero, who told the crowd, “Ryan has beautiful things in store for us.”
Then they surprised fans by introducing Lupita Nyong’o, whose character was revealed to be Nakia, who has a long history in the comics, sometimes as a potential wife for T’Challa and later as a villain named Malice.
Frequent Coogler collaborator Michael B. Jordan was revealed to be playing Erik Killmonger, an expert fighter and nemesis of Black Panther.
The Walking Dead star Danai Gurira was a newly announced addition to the cast and was revealed to be playing Okoye, the head of the Dora Milaje, the personal body guards of the Black Panther.
— Chadwick Boseman (@chadwickboseman) July 24, 2016
Black Panther is set for release on Feb. 16, 2018.
Bookmark THR.com/ComicCon to keep up with all the highlights.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day