- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The spot, which debuted Saturday, features Wakandans preparing for some sort of battle, with the people of the fictional African nation chanting throughout. “Today, we do not fight for one life, we fight for all of them,” T’Challa/Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) says at one point.
Letitia Wright’s Shuri (the technological genius of Wakanda and sister to Black Panther) is also seen engaging in a fight.
In a particularly lighthearted moment, Black Panther standout Danai Gurira (who plays the warrior Okoye) tells her prince at the end of the trailer, “When you said we are going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world, this is not what I imagined.”
“What did you imagine?” he asks her. To which she jokes, “The Olympics? Maybe even a Starbucks?”
Directed by the Russo brothers, Avengers: Infinity War assembles a large swath of the Marvel universe, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). The gang unites to fight Thanos (Josh Brolin), who vows to destroy half of the universe.
The film is set to open in theaters on April 27, a week earlier than first expected.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day