- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie centers on a man who as young boy made a Christmas wish that his Teddy Bear would come to life and be his best friend forever. Twenty-five years later, the bear is still at his side, but has now evolved into a cursing, smoking, delinquent (voiced by MacFarlane) that is preventing the man from maturing.
The studio is in final negotiations with Mark Wahlberg to star as the grown man.
Kunis will be Wahlberg’s girlfriend, who wants their relationship to move to the next level and finally has enough of him living with his best friend Ted. She turns to her cad of a boss, to be played by Scott, for comfort.
Scott Stuber is producing via his Universal-based Stuber Picrtures alongwise with MacFarlane, John Jacobs and MRC.
Universal’s senior executive vp of production Peter Cramer and creative exec Sara Scott will oversee Ted for the studio.
Kunis, repped by CAA and Curtis Talent Management, is currently riding high on the acclaim generated from Darren Aronofsky’s Black Swan.
Scott, repped by CAA and Untitled, starred in the short-lived by critically-acclaimed Starz series Party Down and has a recurring role on NBC’s Parks & Recreation. He recently wrapped a comedy with Paul Rudd and Elizabeth Banks titled My Idiot Brother.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day