- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
More plot details are revealed in the new Blade Runner 2049 trailer.
While previous trailers only previewed the new conflict spearheaded by Jared Leto’s villain, the latest one details how his replicants have the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. One recognizable replicant is none other than Dave Bautista.
“Every leap of civilization was built off the backs of slaves,” says Leto. “Replicants are the future, but I can only make so many. I have the lock, and he has the key.”
The trailer also sees Harrison Ford’s Rick Deckard explaining his experience to Ryan Gosling’s LAPD Officer K: “I covered my tracks, scrambled the records. We were being hunted!”
Denis Villeneuve directs the sequel to the 1982 sci-fi thriller, also starring Robin Wright and Ana de Armas.
Blade Runner 2049 hits theaters Oct. 6.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘The Boogeyman’ Director Rob Savage on Stephen King’s Blessing and the Very Good Reason Why Disney Had Him Remove a Toy Lightsaber
Matthew Broderick Reveals Tensions with John Hughes on ‘Ferris Bueller’: “He Was Not Easygoing”
Pamela Anderson Had One Big Rule for ‘Pamela: A Love Story’ Director: “Don’t Show Me Anything”