- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount has picked up a sci-fi action comedy pitch from Mortal Media, the banner of the NBA’s Blake Griffin and the NFL’s Ryan Kalil.
The untitled feature hails from duo Aaron Buchsbaum and Teddy Riley, who penned MGM’s proposed Shanghai Noon sequel, Shanghai Dawn, and put together the pitch with Detroit Pistons forward Griffin and Carolina Panthers center Kalil.
Plot details are being kept under wraps, but the project is shaping up to be the first original feature being developed by the shingle. Mortal is developing a reboot of Disney’s The Rocketeer (1991) that will be headlined by a black female character and a White Men Can’t Jump remake from Black-ish creator Kenya Barris at Fox.
Buchsbaum and Riley, who are repped by WME, Mosaic and McKuin Frankel, are also developing the animated series Fairfax with Amazon.
Mortal is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day