- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bling Ring actor Israel Broussard will join Michael Pena and Lizzy Caplan for Extinction.
Hounds of Love helmer Ben Young will direct Universal and Good Universe’s sci-fi thriller, which follows a father (Pena) whose recurring nightmare of losing his family becomes a real threat as the planet is invaded by aliens.
Arrival screenwriter Eric Heisserer wrote the feature with Spenser Cohen and Bradley Caleb Kane.
Todd Lieberman and David Hoberman of Mandeville Films (Beauty and the Beast, Warm Bodies) will produce, with Alexander Young exec producing. Nathan Kahane and Joe Drake of Good Universe (Don’t Breathe, Juno) will also exec produce. Anna Halberg will serve as co-producer.
Universal executive vp production Erik Baiers and creative executive Mika Pryce will oversee for the studio. Erin Westerman will oversee on behalf of Good Universe.
The rising Broussard will next be seen in the Blumhouse thriller Half to Death. He is repped by UTA, Underground and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day