- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Icelandic actor Johannes Haukur Johannesson is joining the cast of the Vin Diesel movie, Bloodshot, which is scheduled to begin shooting for Sony Pictures in July.
He joins a lineup that, in addition to Diesel, includes Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen, Sam Heughan, Talulah Riley and Alex Hernandez.
Neal H. Moritz is producing and will be reteaming with Diesel, who stars in the Fast and Furious franchise, which Moritz produces.
Dave Wilson, who is partnered with Deadpool director Tim Miller at Blur Studio, is directing Bloodshot, based on the Valiant Comics series, about a former soldier who is given the power to regenerate.
Johannes — who’s played Lem Lemoncloak in Game of Thrones and appeared in such films as Atomic Blonde and Noah— will next be seen in Albert Hughes’ Alpha, which Sony is releasing Aug. 17, and in the Netflix series The Innocents, premiering Aug. 24.
He is repped by Crimson Media, Independent Talent Group (U.K.) and attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day