- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Blumhouse is getting ready for Devil’s Night.
On the heels of receiving the CinemaCon producer of the year award in Las Vegas on Thursday, Jason Blum and his Blumhouse Productions are setting up the microbudget horror film written by Sean Tretta.
Blum and Bobbi Sue Luther will produce the film, which explores what happens on the infamous Devil’s Night, which is the night before Halloween. The tradition of youth causing mischief on Oct. 30 has existed since the 1930s, but in the 1980s in inner cities, especially Detroit, the crimes became more destructive, including arson and vandalism.
Ryan Turek will oversee the project for Blumhouse.
Tretta is a writer on Syfy’s series 12 Monkeys, which will debut its second season on April 18. He previously wrote and directed 2010’s The Prometheus Project and the 2014 short M is for Matchmaker. He’s repped by ICM Partners and Anvil Entertainment.
Blumhouse, which had the two highest grossing horror movies of 2015 with Insidious: Chapter Three and M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit, has the next installments in The Purge and Ouija franchises coming out in 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day