- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
BMI’s 2016 Film & Television Awards, scheduled for May 11 at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel in Beverly Hills, will honor composer James Newton Howard with the BMI Icon Award.
The veteran composer has scored for such Academy Award-nominated films as Defiance, Michael Clayton, The Village, The Fugitive, The Prince of Tides and My Best Friend’s Wedding, as well as songs for Junior and One Fine Day.
Says Doreen Ringer-Ross, BMI vp, Film/TV Relations: Howard “is truly one of the most revered film composers in the world because of his masterful chameleon-like skills.”
In addition, the rights management company will recognize David Newman with the Classic Contribution Award for his advocacy of film music performances in concert halls, particularly his work with the American Youth Symphony, as well as an impressive résumé that includes scores for War of the Roses, Matilda, Bowfinger and Heathers, among others.
The event will also honor music makers from film, primetime network television shows and cable network programs.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival