- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount has tapped Reinaldo Marcus Green to direct the studio’s Bob Marley biopic.
Ziggy Marley, Rita Marley and Cedella Marley will produce on behalf of Tuff Gong. Robert Teitel will also produce the feature that will focus on the life and career of the famed Jamaican singer, one of the pioneering voices of reggae.
Said Green, “Audiences want to know the real Bob, the man as well as the legend. I trust this film will bring us closer to understanding his journey, his music, and continue to carry the torch of his legacy with humility and grace, and most of all, love.”
Added Ziggy Marley, “It’s an incredible responsibility that we take on with Reinaldo and the team at Paramount to tell the story of our father in a way that truly honors him and will also entertain, enlighten, uplift and inspire his fans and audiences around the world. It’s like opening a window that has never been open before.”
Green recently wrapped production on Will Smith-starrer King Richard, his first studio project after making his feature debut with Sundance stand-out Monster and Men, starring John David Washington.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day