- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As Nicolas Winding Refn’s female-centric horror film continues to shoot in Los Angeles, Bold Films has come on board to co-finance the hot project with Wild Bunch and Gaumont.
The Danish director’s follow-up to Only God Forgives is described as a female-driven horror movie that follows an aspiring model, Jesse, who moves to Los Angeles where her youth and vitality are devoured by a group of beauty obsessed women who will take any means necessary to get what she has.
Refn and Mary Laws wrote the script for the project. Refn’s longtime partner, Lene Borglum, who worked with the director on Valhalla Rising and Only God Forgives, will be producing under their Space Rocket Nation banner in association with Wild Bunch and Gaumont. Bold Films’ chairman Michel Litvak, CEO Gary Michael Walters and physical production head Jeff Stott will executive produce. Bold also worked with Refn on his two previous films, Only God Forgives and the Ryan Gosling-starring hit Drive.
“Nic Refn is an incredibly gifted filmmaker, and we are thrilled to be part of this unique, edgy horror film,” said Bold’s Litvak. “This is our third film with Nic, and we are honored to continue the relationship.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day