- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
MGM and longtime James Bond stewards Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of EON Productions have announced the date for the next installment of the franchise: November 9, 2012.
Currently just called Bond 23, the movie will go into production in late 2011. As Heat Vision broke last January, Sam Mendes is directing. The script was written by Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and John Logan.
Daniel Craig returns as agent 007.
Several studios are courting MGM to release their movies, including Bond 23, with Sony and Paramount as the leading contenders. Paramount is looking to secure on overall output deal with the company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Michael Keaton Teases ‘Beetlejuice 2’: “We’re Doing It Exactly Like We Did the First Movie”
Lukas Gage, Megan Suri and Harvey Guillén Join Jack Quaid in Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Companion’
Tribeca Festival Features Directorial Debuts From Michael Shannon, Chelsea Peretti and More