- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Captain America 2 raked in $7.3 million during its run from April 3 to May 30, according to Hong Kong Box Office Ltd., a subsidiary of Hong Kong Motion Picture Industry Association and Hong Kong Theatres Association. The sequel was followed by The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in second place, which took in $7 million, and in third place, X-Men: Days of Future Past, which took in $6.5 million.
But these records might be short-lived, as Transformers: Age of Extinction amassed $5.6 million from June 26-30.
The highest-grossing Hong Kong movie in the first six months of the year was Golden Chickensss, starring Sandra Ng and a number of local stars, which took in $5.3 million from January to March.
Maleficent, starring Angelina Jolie, trails behind in sixth place, with $4.9 million.
The total number of films released during the first six months of the year in Hong Kong was 159, with 25 local films and 134 foreign imports.
The total box office was $110 million, an 11.8 percent increase from the same period last year, in which the total gross was $98.5 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day