- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie, continuing Disney’s winning streak in the live-action fairy tale arena, has earned nearly $195 million in North America and more than $308 million internationally.
Downton Abbey‘s Lily James stars opposite Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter and Richard Madden in the retelling of the classic Disney animated film.
Domestically, Cinderella is the third highest-grossing film of the year after Furious 7 and Avengers: Age of Ultron. Globally, it is No. 4 behind those two films and Fifty Shades of Grey.
First opening in theaters in mid-March, Cinderella is enjoying a hearty late run in Japan, where it opened April 25. And in China, it earned $71.1 million.
In terms of fellow Disney films, Cinderella has passed up Oz the Great and Powerful ($493.3 million), but ranks behind Maleficent ($758.2 million) and Alice in Wonderland ($1.025 billion), both of which boasted huge stars in Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp, respectively.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day