- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 3D space epic, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney, has now grossed $240.6 million domestically and $274.3 million internationally for a global total of $515 million through Sunday.
From Warner Bros., Gravity has yet to open in China and Japan and is expected to ultimately earn north of $600 million.
Despite blockbuster Thor: The Dark World, Gravity took in $18.5 million internationally over the weekend from 62 markets. Domestically, it placed No. 6 in its seventh weekend with $6.3 million.
Gravity is the No. 7 title of the year worldwide.
Overseas, France leads with $37.5 million, followed by Korea ($26.5 million), the U.K. ($23.2 million), Russia ($20.9 million) and Australia ($18.1 million). The movie has only been playing in the U.K. for two weeks.
Internationally, Gravity has rolled out slowly, hoping to play off word of mouth. The strategy has paid off in a big way for Warner Brothers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood
Tokyo Film Festival