- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Who says the number 13 is cursed?
On Tuesday, Jon Turteltaub‘s Last Vegas became the top-grossing release from CBS Films with $55 million in North American ticket sales, eclipsing the $54.3 million grossed domestically in 2012 by horror hit The Woman in Black.
HOLIDAY BOX OFFICE: Battle for the Over-35s
A sexagenarian riff on The Hangover franchise, Last Vegas stars Robert De Niro, Michael Douglas, Kevin Kline and Morgan Freeman as four friends who travel to Las Vegas for a bachelor party. Mary Steenburgen also stars in the $28 million comedy, which opened in theaters Nov. 1.
Last Vegas is the 13th release from CBS Films, whose formation was first announced by CBS Corp. chief Les Moonves in 2007 (the first film from the division wasn’t released until 2010). CBS Films, now headed by Terry Press and Wolfgang Hammer, is next in theaters Dec. 6 with Inside Llewyn Davis, from Joel and Ethan Coen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Fast X’ Star Daniela Melchior Talks That Moment That Made Audiences Squirm and the Franchise’s Future
‘The Flash’ Director Andy Muschietti Supports Ezra Miller Returning to Lead Potential Sequels
You Hurt My Feelings
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, ‘You Hurt My Feelings’ Team Break Down Fallout From “Betrayal”