- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures and Legendary’s Straight Outta Compton has earned $200 million at the worldwide box office.
The current domestic gross of the N.W.A biopic is $161.1 million and international gross will be $38.9 million by end of day.
The F. Gary Gray-helmed film is also the highest-grossing movie from an African American director ever.
Straight Outta Compton was the No. 1 R-rated August opener ever, grossing $60 million during it’s opening weekend, and it held the No. 1 box office position for three weeks in a row.
It follows the rise and fall of rap group N.W.A, and stars Jason Mitchell, Corey Hawkins and O’Shea Jackson Jr. as founding members Eazy E, Dr. Dre and Ice Cube.
This marks Universal’s seventh film to reach $200 million worldwide in 2015. The studios other multimillion successes include Furious 7 and Minions.
There are four international territories that have yet to release the film, including Russia on Nov. 12 and Spain on Nov. 13. Meaning Straight Outta Compton’s box office will only continue to grow.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day