- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From Universal and Media Rights Capital, Ted has now earned $203.4 million in North America and will soon eclipse Wedding Crashers ($209.3 million) to become the No. 4 R-rated comedy of all time behind The Hangover ($277.3 million), The Hangover Part II ($254.8 million) and Beverly Hills Cop ($234.5 million).
Ted — starring Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis, along with the MacFarlance-voiced teddy bear — is rolling out slowly overseas. After enjoying big business, the comedy opened in another of other markets over the weekend for an early international total of $77.3 million.
The pic’s worldwide gross of $280.7 million lands it on the top ten list of R-rated comedies globally.
The pic’s international weekend gross was $32 million from 20 markets, including first-place finishes in the U.K., Germany, Russia, Austria Switzerland and Ukraine.
Ted grossed $15.3 million from 508 screens in the U.K., the third-best showing ever for a Universal film behind the Bridge Jones sequel and King Kong. Germany turned in $7.4 million, the best debut of the year for a Universal title.
The film will roll out in an additional 38 territories over the next few months.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise