- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From Lionsgate, Hitman’s Bodyguard stars Ryan Reynolds opposite Samuel L. Jackson. Prerelease surveys show the film collecting as much as $18 million.
Logan Lucky is Soderbergh’s first movie in four years. The filmmaker has made a point of saying he is releasing the pic outside of the Hollywood studio system, raising his own marketing funds and partnering with indie distributor Bleecker Street.
Tracking shows Logan Lucky — which stars Channing Tatum, Adam Driver, Daniel Craig, Riley Keough, Seth MacFarlane, Katie Holmes and Hilary Swank — debuting in the $8 million range, although there’s plenty of room for upside. (The comedy caper sports a stellar 93 percent fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes.)
The film tells the story of three siblings who set out to rob a NASCAR race sponsored by Coca-Cola over Memorial Day weekend.
Directed by Patrick Hughes, Hitman’s Bodyguard is likewise billed as an action comedy. The story revolves around a bodyguard who is hired to protect a notorious hitman who is scheduled to testify before the International Court of Justice. Gary Oldman and Salma Hayek also star.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day